Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mushroom stroganoff

Today we went to lunch at Lupi's pizza. We ordered a pizza on whole wheat crust with extra sauce, no cheese. David's half had broccoli, roasted corn and roasted peppers. My half had spinach, mushrooms and black olives. It was really good.  I didn't have a camera to photograph it, but we were happy to have managed to eat out and still stick to the plan. 

 
 For dinner, I made mushroom stroganoff from the Engine 2 cookbook.  Basically, start by sauteeing chopped onion in water (no oil!), then add some garlic and chopped mushrooms (I used baby portabellas but you could mix it up if you wanted).  Let them cook down for a bit, then add in some whole wheat pastry flour, balsamic vinegar and some non-dairy milk (I used rice milk).  Serve over whole wheat linguine.  For sides I made fresh green beans lightly sauteed in water and some garlic, then drizzled with natural maple syrup.  Also, some cooked apples.  This was delicious.  Definitely one to add into our rotation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment